Categorys
Pages
Linkpartner


    Page 160«..1020..159160161162..170180..»



    Yountville street to close Monday for tree removal - May 18, 2014 by Mr HomeBuilder

    A diseased tree will force a day-long closure of a portion of Yount Street on Monday in Yountville, the town has announced. The route will be blocked between Adams Street and Mount Avenue between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.

    A tree care company will use a 70-ton crane to remove a heritage oak at 6880 Yount St., the Public Works Department said Friday afternoon in a statement. The town arborist decided the oak's decay presented a danger to vehicles and passers-by, requiring its removal.

    Detour signs will guide motorists onto Mount Avenue, Jasmine Street, Lande Way and Adams Street. Jefferson Street also can be used as an alternate route.

    For more information, contact Public Works Director Graham Wadsworth at 707-944-8851 or gwadsworth@yville.com

    Go here to read the rest:
    Yountville street to close Monday for tree removal

    Tree Stump removal – Video - May 18, 2014 by Mr HomeBuilder


    Tree Stump removal
    Watch a Vermeer SC1102a Stump Cutter work on Saint Pauls Avenue in the Stapleton Heights Historic District and a NYC Hillside Tree Preservation District with these regulations http://www.nyc.gov/ht...

    By: BCJBishop

    See original here:
    Tree Stump removal - Video

    Evansville Announces Tree-Debris Removal Plan - May 18, 2014 by Mr HomeBuilder

    EVANSVILLE, Ind.- Mayor Lloyd Winnecke has approved plans for the remove of tree debris related to the severe thunderstorm that impacted parts of the citys North Side last week.

    Starting Monday, May 19 through Friday, May 30, the Urban Forestry and Street Maintenance departments will be picking-up tree debris within the impact zone, which has been identified as north ofthe Lloyd Expressway to the city limits and between St. Joseph Avenue and Green River Road.

    Limbs and logs must be no longer than 8-feet-long, and tree roots and stumps will not be accepted.Tree debris must be placed near the curb without impeding the street or sidewalk.

    In addition, Republic will also empty and reload the Trash Cart one additional time for those items meeting the specified requirements. Residents should not use the Recycling Cart for tree debris.

    Continue reading here:
    Evansville Announces Tree-Debris Removal Plan

    Longmont man allegedly pulls gun in dispute over tree cutting - May 18, 2014 by Mr HomeBuilder

    Police arrested a 37-year-old Longmont man who allegedly threatened another man with a hand gun during a Saturday morning dispute over the removal of a dead tree in a front yard in northside Longmont.

    The suspect, identified by police as James Andrew Young, was taken to the Boulder County Jail and faces possible charges of menacing with a handgun and reckless endangerment, officers said.

    Officer Mike Hazen said in a written report about the incident that a 40-year-old Berthoud man told officers he'd been in the process of removing a dead tree from a friend's property on the 2300 block of 22nd Avenue when the suspect later identified as Young pulled up in a vehicle, stopped along the roadway and told the Berthoud man that "I'm shutting you down."

    The Berthoud man, whose 10-year-old son was nearby, told police that the suspect identified himself as being with a local tree care service and was certified to do such work.

    At one point, the suspect removed a black handgun from his waist band and pointed it at the Berthoud man, that man told police, prompting him to run away and to yell a warning to his son.

    The suspect briefly followed the running Berthoud man before driving away from the scene, whereupon the Berthoud man called police, Hazen said.

    The Berthoud man's son told police that he witnessed the argument between his father and the other man and saw the other man point a gun at his father.

    "He said he thought the man was going to shoot his dad," Hazen reported.

    Police located Young a short time later, followed him and arrested him after stopping his vehicle near 11th Avenue and Sumner Street.

    Hazen said Young told another officer that he'd gone to the scene to confront the Berthoud man about "removing trees without proper licensing," and that during the ensuing argument, the Berthoud man was shaking Young's car "violently, trying to get him to fight."

    Link:
    Longmont man allegedly pulls gun in dispute over tree cutting

    TREE TUSSLE: No-show removal shocks neighbor, company owner - May 15, 2014 by Mr HomeBuilder

    MAPLE GROVE, Minn. (KMSP) -

    It all began when a homeowner hired a company to chop down a tree -- but that tree wound up in a neighbor's yard and stayed there for several days until Fox 9 News made some calls.

    Calls to the company went ignored after a promise to clean up the mess was broken. Now, the business owner is apologizing for what he calls a learning lesson.

    When Tracy Lemcke bought her Maple Grove home 12 years ago, she did it for the yard.

    "I garden all the time," she explained. "We've done a lot of landscaping projects since we moved in."

    Which is why she was not pleased when she came home to a big mess on Friday night.

    "I have an enormous pile of shaved pine tree and timbers ranging from 4 feet to 6 feet long were put through my landscaping, on top of my flowers trying to come up," Lemcke told Fox 9 News.

    All of that mess came from across the street after her neighbors had some trees removed by Golden Canopy Tree Solutions. During the project, Lemcke asked the crew if they had 2-inch white chips for her yard -- but for some reason, they dumped the pile instead.

    Lemcke said she called the company 100 times since Friday to have the mess removed, so Fox 9 News sent calls and texts, too. Within minutes, the owner called back and asked why Lemcke had to bring a news station into the picture.

    "I told you yesterday I was done being lied to and I was not going to be jacked around," Lemcke said during a conversation on her phone. "I called Fox 9 News because they act on things. They don't let crap like this slide."

    See the original post here:
    TREE TUSSLE: No-show removal shocks neighbor, company owner

    Council moves to change oak tree law - May 15, 2014 by Mr HomeBuilder

    TREE PEOPLEJoan Edwards of Westlake Village attended Tuesdays City Council meeting along with several other city residents to encourage the council to take further steps to protect oak trees following the controversy at Westlake Plaza. Audience members donned green cut-outs of trees to show their unity. Photos by IRIS SMOOT/Acorn Newspapers The citys oak tree ordinance will likely be revised after the law, changed in 2010 to allow for easier removal of owner-planted oak trees, permitted the felling of nearly 200 trees at Westlake Plaza.

    On May 13, the City Council voted 4-0 to start the process to change the permitting process. Councilmember Andy Fox was absent. The planning commission will review potential revisions to the law and make recommendations to the council, which will decide what, if anything, to amend.

    At its next meeting on May 27, the council will consider placing a moratorium on the tree ordinance to prohibit city staff from approving tree removal permits under the current exemption for owner-planted oak trees and a provision that allows removal of parking lot oak and landmark trees with city staff approval. The ban would be in place while the municipal code amendment is being considered.

    I personally consider both of those laws to be dangerous, said Councilmember Al Adam, who suggested the moratorium.

    The council members agreed that the oak tree protection law needed to be revised.

    I think all of us are extremely unhappy with what happened (at Westlake Plaza), said Councilmember Jacqui Irwin, who along with Fox voted in favor of changing the law in 2010. It was completely shocking to go by that center. . . . We really need to make sure that this absolutely doesnt happen again.

    The council also voted to have city staff research and recommend guidelines for applicants to educate the public about their projects, and to provide easier access to information about pending and approved oak tree permit applications on the citys website.

    Regency Centers began cutting down trees in early April with the citys permission but without informing the City Council or the public, sparking outrage among many local residents. I n response to the outcry, John Prescott, the citys community development director, said that city staff is working with Regency to alter its renovation plans and preserve more trees at the plaza.

    SENSITIVE SUBJECTT.O. resident and local landscape architect James Dean urges the city to consult tree experts as they consider modifying the tree removal permitting process. In the background is Community Development Director John Prescott, whose office gave approval for 36 protected trees to be cut down at Westlake Plaza. IRIS SMOOT/Acorn Newspapers Changes to the law

    FACE TO FACEThousand Oaks City Council member Jacqui Irwin, right, talks with Westlake resident Shoshanna Brower and fellow community members after the councils discussion about modifying its tree ordinance on Tuesday night. IRIS SMOOT/Acorn Newspapers Council members said they will review and possibly revise changes made to the oak tree law in 2002 and 2010.

    Follow this link:
    Council moves to change oak tree law

    Tree break for utilities - May 15, 2014 by Mr HomeBuilder

    Published: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 5:45 p.m. Last Modified: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 5:45 p.m.

    Then, a few weeks ago, crews hired by Duke Energy began a clearing operation to keep the company's power lines free of wayward branches in order to ensure customers were able to keep the lights on.

    Now, Waters says, the highway leading to his Sparr home bears little resemblance to the route he admired for two decades. And it's all because of Duke's roadside "butchering," as he described it.

    "It was nice and shady and real country-like," he said in a recent interview. But "they have wiped out all the trees."

    "It's got me all bent out of shape. I don't like it a damn bit. It looks like hell."

    That section of Jacksonville Road, running a few miles north of Northeast 95th Street, apparently will look like that for years to come.

    According to Duke Energy spokesman Sterling Ivey, the company's contractor cut down between 40 and 50 trees and pruned at least that many more to eradicate the arboreal hazard posed to Duke's power lines.

    And, he added in an email, "As of right now, we do not plan to replace any of the trees removed."

    Many of those trees had stood for decades, according to nearby residents who had complained about the work.

    Ivey has previously said the company understands the cutting may have upset some people, but it was necessary to ensure the flow of power.

    Continued here:
    Tree break for utilities

    County researching possible hazardous tree rules - May 15, 2014 by Mr HomeBuilder

    The majority of fires in New Mexico last year were sparked by contact with power lines, Lincoln County's emergency services coordinator said. But Spencer Baldwin cautioned county commissioners against jumping into a hazardous tree ordinance that raises complicated jurisdictional questions until staff has a chance to research existing ordinances and how some of those issues were tackled.

    "This has been going on a long time," he said during the commission's late April meeting, "The power companies know it's an issue and are trying to resolve it. I suggest we not reinvent the wheel. Personally, I would like to be involved in it, see the options out there and what best suits us."

    One of his concerns is landowners along New Mexico 37, whose property was scorched during the Little Bear Fire in 2012. Burned trees now line the highway, but should an owner be required to remove them when the fire and the resulting hazardous trees were not his fault, he asked.

    "They are hazardous because of the fire," he said. "He didn't kill them. They weren't dead when he bought the land. It just happened. We're getting into tricky areas here."

    The majority of commissioners appeared to agree with Baldwin.

    Commissioner Mark Doth, who introduced the subject of a county hazardous tree ordinance, said at least other ordinances should be researched and some possible avenues of funding should be pint pointed.

    "If the land was state, county or private, at least by identifying sources of money, we have a solution to help the problem," Doth said. "The whole idea behind thinning trees is to reduce the danger of wildfire and I would put a high priority on trees along power lines. I still ask we enter into discovery of what is out there, instead of just saying no we shouldn't go there. We owe it to ourselves to raise the issue and decide where we could help."

    Commission Chairman Jackie Powell, who stressed the need for individual responsibility in removing hazard trees, said she was amenable to checking out other ordinances before scheduling any public hearings. She asked Baldwin to contact the power companies.

    County Attorney Alan Morel said, "I think when we analyze this thing, it won't be a utility issue. They only have a 20-foot right of way and they would have to get permission to go onto private land. If we drafted an ordinance, we would have to decide if trespass was allowed, if a landowner was not interested in removal. This type of ordinance could snowball. I would be happy to work with Spencer to see what we could come up with."

    Doth cited five separate incidents involving power lines, four that resulted in fire starts. "These incidents point out in my mind a glaring situation largely preventable," he said, "For that reason, I'm proposing a hazardous tree ordinance. We have to define hazardous tree and under whose jurisdiction removal falls. One of things the county manager and I found is that the issue still is being discussed by the (New Mexico Public Regulatory Commission) at what level they can enforce utilities lines."

    More:
    County researching possible hazardous tree rules

    Vigorous debate over tree-cutting is underway - May 13, 2014 by Mr HomeBuilder

    Editor: Lately Im reminded of the old Joni Mitchell song, Big Yellow Taxi: Dont it always seem to go, that you dont know what youve got till its gone? They paved paradise and put up a parking lot.

    As a candidate for Langley Township council in this falls municipal election, I find myself in the middle of a vigorous debate about tree cutting. On one side is a vocal and active group whose members are outraged at what they see as the rampant destruction of local trees by residential developers and other landowners. On the other side of the argument are a growing number of equally upset homeowners who see proposed restrictions on tree cutting as a threat to their fundamental rights.

    Of course, theres one thing we can all agree on, and thats a shared, passionate interest in preserving the natural beauty of this great community. Luckily, past political leaders have respected that interest. Back in 1979, Township council adopted the Langley Official Community Plan, which has evolved since then to include detailed development guidelines and provisions for protecting wildlife habitat. For example, all new development proposals must include tree protection plans that consist of tree retention, protection and replacement details acceptable to the Township.

    On private lands, protection of wildlife habitat shall be encouraged through land stewardship, education, incentives or other means.

    Thats as far as the policy goes, and where the current controversy begins. As our community continues to grow, we have finally reached a point where we need to consider other means to protect the natural beauty we all value. Its time for a new Township bylaw that lays out rules related to cutting trees.

    I am not in favour of pocket bylaws, especially any that are created on the fly. They are too important and affect every resident. The Township of Langley is a large community and our council needs to create bylaws that are thoughtful, practical and concise, and are equally applied to everyone in the community, not just one neighbourhood.

    I sympathize with residents who fear that large-scale tree removal threatens the unique character of their neighbourhoods and impacts their quality of life. I also agree with homeowners who want to extend a deck, build a shed or cut down a tree in their own yard without having to take out a permit or hire an arbourist before getting approval to do so.

    Most of our surrounding cities and municipalities have tree bylaws, some more stringent than others. Our council needs to look to them as examples and seek advice and input before creating the right bylaw for our community. We also have to make sure we have a sound, affordable process to enforce the bylaw in a way thats consistent and fair.

    No one wants to pave paradise. And no one needs poorly thought-out rules and senseless bureaucracy. The question is, how can we protect the unique character of our neighbourhoods without placing an excessive burden on the people who live there?

    For me, the answer is clear. We need to involve and engage our community in an informed, inclusive, thorough discussion that leads to an appropriate tree bylaw for the Township of Langley. That bylaw, if its done right, will be a set of common-sense rules that everyone can understand and abide by. I look forward to playing an active role in that process, and I encourage everyone who has a stake in the outcome to do the same.

    More:
    Vigorous debate over tree-cutting is underway

    Cutting Edge Tree Service & Consulting Lockport NY 14094 – Video - May 13, 2014 by Mr HomeBuilder


    Cutting Edge Tree Service Consulting Lockport NY 14094
    http://www.localedge.com/b29434438/Cutting+Edge+Tree+Service+and+Consulting?type= Cutting Edge Tree Service and Consulting is a tree care provider in Western New York. We are a fully licensed...

    By: LocalEdge VideosOne

    Follow this link:
    Cutting Edge Tree Service & Consulting Lockport NY 14094 - Video

    « old entrysnew entrys »



    Page 160«..1020..159160161162..170180..»


    Recent Posts